|Hastings High School is a student- centered environment, a bridge connecting students to other students, and students to teachers, staff and administrators. Hastings High School has a strong connection to the community and reflects our unique heritage and tradition of progress.
Twelve departments make up Hastings High School core offerings for grades nine through twelve. All twelve departments offer elective classes, with six departments offering Advanced Placement courses and/or testing. In addition, our Special Services team takes pride in its commitment to providing educational services for all learners with special needs.
Hastings High School is committed to bridging our students to success by creating academic opportunities that will prepare them for their future:
- Career and post-secondary education information available in the Career Center.
- University of Minnesota and Southwest Minnesota State University credit courses offered on-site.
- Minnesota Post Secondary Enrollment Options available at no additional cost.
- Youth Service and Leadership class offered for elective credit.
Hastings High School has unique features that are student centered:
- EXCEL Program – a community and school venture to positively recognize student achievement, academic improvement and good attendance
- Academic lettering
- Scholarship program – approximately $85,000 annually awarded to graduating students by local community businesses, organizations and individuals
- Peer Helpers – welcomes new students to Hastings High School
- Safe Staff – trained for GLBT issues
Our 100-acre high school, completed in August of 2001, connects our students to the community with up-to-date facilities that enhance the learning environment.
HASTINGS ALTERNATIVE LEARNING CENTER
The mission of the Hastings ALC is to provide a caring, educational environment designed to meet a variety of student academic and personal growth needs.
Located at 213 Ramsey Street, the Hastings ALC provides students in grades nine through twelve alternative opportunities to earn their high school diploma. The Hastings ALC offers day, afternoon and evening programs and a summer session. Students earn a Hastings High School diploma, or that of their home district, when all credit requirements are completed.