|The Science Department’s goals are as follows:
- Help students develop a positive attitude toward science and an awareness of the important role that science plays in today’s society.
- Help students develop laboratory skills and an appreciation of the limitations of measurement.
- Help students develop knowledge of science facts.
- Help students develop a sense of responsibility for their education.
- Encourage students who have an aptitude for science to continue in a science career.
HHS students must earn three years of science credits (6 semester
credits) to meet graduation requirements. Students must take and pass
Chemistry 9 / Physics
9 (2 credits), Biology (2 credits), and one year (2 credits) of either
Chemistry or Physics. Students participating in the Accelerated Science
program agree to four years of science including Honors Biology, Honors
Chemistry, Physics or AP Physics, plus one
additional year of an elective science course.
Cynthia Benson (Web Page)
Chris Beumer (Web Page), Co-Department Chair
Robyn Keyport (Web Page)
Isaac Schmidt (Web Page)
Mike Versland (Web Page)
Kurt Zabel Co-Department Chair