|The Science Department’s goals are as follows:
- Help students develop a positive attitude toward science and an awareness of the important role that science plays in today’s society.
- Help students develop laboratory skills and an appreciation of the limitations of measurement.
- Help students develop knowledge of science facts.
- Help students develop a sense of responsibility for their education.
- Encourage students who have an aptitude for science to continue in a science career.
All HHS students must earn three years of science credits (6 semester credits) to meet graduation requirements. Students must take and pass Chemistry 9, Physics 9, or Science Essentials (2 credits), Biology I/II or Life Science I/II (2 credits), plus one year (2 credits) of an elective science. Students graduating in the class of 2015 must have one year (2 credits) of Chemistry or Physics beyond Chemistry 9 or Physics 9.
Chris Beumer (Web Page)
Bob Cruse, Department Chair
Robyn Keyport (Web Page)
Isaac Schmidt (Web Page)
Mike Versland (Web Page)
Allison Wyatt (Web Page)